Wednesday, August 24, 2011

THE VICTORY TOUR....Tuesday & Wednesday Glacier

The winds we experienced Monday during our hike escalated to epic proportions during the night. A good thing Luanne had ropes over the top of the ALiner or she would have blown apart during the night. I pulled the slides in on Saffire because I was afraid the awnings were going to be ripped off. We were rocking and rolling, and not rocking to sleep! The winds were very warm and brought no rain with them. The owners of the campground said it was very unusual to have winds like that and they were as shocked as we were.


Today, Wednesday, Diane left for Missoula and some needed repairs on her trailer. Luanne and I moved to West Glacier and the Fish Creek Campground which is beautiful. This side of the park is totally different from the other, and the Going to the Sun road from the West is much more spectacular. I love driving the switchbacks and narrow roads!


I think this park should be called Land of Many Falls instead of Glacier, there are falls everywhere. The hikes to the waterfalls are all so spectacular. On the west side we have Lake MacDonald and although it is a beautiful huge body of water we didn’t bring the kayaks so all we can do is look.


We’re going to have a quite night then head to Missoula tomorrow. We’ll meet up with Diane and her cousin Dianne. Dianne has a raft and is going to take us for an evening rafting trip down the Clarks Fork of the Snake River.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, drat. I wrote a long comment and I forgot you have the secret word thingy. Glad you survived the wind. Sounds like my experience in the midwest.

    Rich loved Glacier more than any other place. Have you seen the weeping wall, yet. Hide a penny up there somewhere for him, will you?

    A raft trip on the Snake River!!! You lucky ducks. I'd give my right arm to do that. So glad you're enjoying every moment of your trip. You'll never want to go anywhere else after you're in the northwest--well, maybe Alaska!!

    Love reading your blog. Now, if I can just remember to type your secret word.

    ReplyDelete