Friday, August 26, 2011

VICTORY TOUR...Friday, Salmon, Idaho





We had another spectacular drive today, you must be getting tired of hearing that but it is so true! We drove into the heart of the Bitterroot Mountains on a road which had 7% grade and switchback curves, following the course of first the Bitterroot River then the Salmon River.


We are in the heart of Lewis and Clark country, Salmon is actually Sacajawea's homeplace. There is a museum dedicated to her in town that we are planning to visit tomorrow. I've always been fascinated with the Expedition of Discovery and Sacajawea's roll in it. I've read much of the journals and one of my favorite books is Sacajawea by Anna Lee Waldo. I think after traveling the roads and rivers during my journey I'll be rereading it.

We opted for a commercial campground and electric rather than dry camping the next few days. Tomorrow we head to the river for some fly fishing and the rather momentous occasion of Diane catching her first fish on fly!

2 comments:

  1. I think you cam in the opposite way than I did. When you arrived at the campground was it on your left or right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. campground was on our left, your boyfriend is out on the river this afternoon so we are playing on the grass!

    ReplyDelete