Monday, August 29, 2011

Miscellaneous items

A lovely storm last night cleared the air and opened our view of the mountains. The forest fire was 12,000+ acres of pine burning, far enough away that we couldn't smell it but close enough to make our skies hazy and take our sunset views away.

When the rain comes down gently onto Saffire's roof it sounds just like the rainsticks the children play with, the long tubes you upend and listen as the pebbles inside slowly drop. It's a very soothing sound. When the rain comes down hard it sounds as if someone is dropping large rocks all over the top!

This storm brought us two small gusts of wind and great thunder and rain, I loved it!

We are packing up to leave for Stanley Idaho and wilderness camping on the Salmon River for three nights.

Yesterday Diane sat in her chair in the sun reading a three day old newspaper. I think I was doing laundry so cannot claim to be an eye witness to the event described. Luanne walked by and saw Diane with her mouth gaping. At first Lu thought Diane was busy catching flies, but quickly realized she was asleep! She snuck off to get her camera and when she approached Diane and turned it on the starting up sound startled Diane and she awoke. But would she admit to her little nap...oh no! Not on your life! And the debate raged on.....

And I took a GREAT deal of abuse for my morning accoutrement. I sleep in an old, soft, white cotton knit gown. And I don't get dressed when I hop out of bed. Now that would not be a probblem if it weren't for my boy Teddy. He needs to go out in the morning. I keep a tieout at the door so all I have to do is click and send him out. OK, so when I get up I put a sweatshirt on over the nightgown to stay cozy while I drink my coffee. Not so bad really. I guess what did them in was the day I came out in my new purchase, flannel moose print pants from Yellowstone with the gown flowing over like a skirt. I guess I really was quite a sight, sweatshirt, pants and white skirt. Actually I took my design cue from my granddaughter Elyse who wears wonderfully wacky outfits and looks darling in them. How come I don't????

Keeping Luanne exercised continues to be a challenge now that we aren't hiking every day. I got the gloves and ball out last night and we played catch for quite a while. I think she'll be glad when we get back to the wilds with our bear spray, fishing out our door and hikes.

I don't know if we'll have service for a few days, but the next post will hopefully have pictures of fish we have caught!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment