Wednesday, August 10, 2011

THE VICTORY TOUR...Custer State Park

Last night I found this quirky radio station. It came from the Indian Reservation and had a great mix of talk; 60's and 70's rock; chanting and drumming and all the local reservation news.

The DJ's had the soft, melodious indian voices that were soothing to listen to even when they were encouraging parents to pre-enrol their children in kindergarden and get their kids shots.
Don't forget to bring all your ID numbers, your tribal number; your medicaid number; your food stamp number and on and on. The DJ chuckled about all the numbers the tribal members had, and I thought it was a telling comment on the poverty of the people.

As I was drifting off to sleep the DJ was appealing to Fiona to call her Mother. Fiona hadn't been heard from in a week and Mom wanted to know where she was. His final word to Fiona was "call your Mother or I'm going to have to come looking for you!"

I woke early this morning, the view out Saffire's window the sparkling lake water. I turned the radio on and was delight to hear soft chanting and the drumming of morning prayer.

Peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment