Sunday, February 5, 2012

THE WAC'S ARRIVE

The days are going by with walks on the beach and exploring the area. We’ve found a beach where Teddy can run free and have both loved the crashing of the ocean and the sand shifting under our feet. The weather has been changeable, in the lower 70’s and an occasional shower.

Janis and Jeanne, friends from the camping group who live in North Carolina arrived in Gulf Shores today, Jeanne came up from camping in Florida and Janis straight from home with an overnight near Auburn University...War Eagle...Eat em up Tiger!!!


Deb came out from the city and a friend who started these camping groups on the internet, Diana, originally from Maine now a permanent Alabama resident joined us too.


We had a great evening sitting on the dock, watching the dolphins playing just offshore and having a nice dinner.


Janis and Jeanne have their kayaks so we’re hoping for a nice day to be out on the water. Diana is a big golfer, so if the weather cooperates there will be a lot to do this week!

2 comments:

  1. Glad everyone arrived safely, and sounds like a great time. I didn't get to meet Diana when I was down--maybe next time. Of course, I can do none of the things that interest everyone; golfing, kayaking, hiking, etc., but I do enjoy the campfire chats and eating, of course. Back pain is back as of yesterday, so I guess I need to bite the bullet and call. Can't believe it's already February. So want to leave in March, but the deck is stacking against me. Found out Tuesday that I have an infection in the bone graft they did in my jaw and it's affecting two implants so I'm on antibiotics and have to return on the 15th. Well that's my happy story.

    Have a great time. Jack loved the beach where he could run around like a fool. Down where you're staying probably would have been a better choice for him, but there were no nail salons within a mile for Susan. ;-)

    Again, keep having a great time. Enjoy your weather. We've had in the 60s and even hit 70, but soon we'll be back to the 60s, thn 50s which isn't bad--I'll take it. St. L will be in the 20s at night--just to make you feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jack would love it at Bay Breeze. Last night a Lab and a Golden were romping and playing in the water off the dock. Wish you were here.

    ReplyDelete