Thursday, February 9, 2012

ROCKING AND ROLLING

It was a VERY windy night last night, Saffire was even moving a bit in the wind and Janis said she was rocked to sleep with the Aliner swaying and creaking!

It was a beautiful, crisp day today still windy but the sun was out. Perfect jacket weather. We decided to explore a bit and headed for Fairhope, Alabama, a cute little town about 45 minutes from Gulf Shores. There were some houses I wouldn't mind living in and nice shops to poke around in.

After we returned home, Teddy and I took off for the beach. You can see from his big smile how much he loves going there! We were strolling along when out of the blue someone is calling "Teddy, come here and see me", turned out the man who manages the RV park, Jerry, was fishing. He caught a pompano while we watched, made me wish I had a saltwater rod, he says Pompano is the best eating.

We had a beautiful sunset this evening and a very cool full moon last night. Tomorrow we are planning on taking the ferry from Ft. Morgan to Dauphin Island and then on to Bellingrath Gardens. All the spring flowers, including the azealas, are blooming here. It should be a spectacular show, then I'll go to the Botanical Garden in St. Louis for a second treat when spring finally arrives there.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having such a great time. I'll make you feel good--below freezing over the weekend, here. Janis and Jeanie are camping up near Pantless, and we'll meet for dinner Sunday night.

    You'd love salt water fishing. I did it all my life as I lived on an island. Crabbing was even better than fishing.

    Love that little mutts face. ;)

    ReplyDelete