Wednesday, February 1, 2012

So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay Watching the tide roll away

We are all moved in on the bay in Gulf Shores. I can sit on my couch and look out at the bay, listening to the water lap onto the shore. The bay is huge and the dock and observation deck stretch quite far into the water. There are walking trails all around and a bike path just down the road.

Our trip down was thankfully uneventful. The car towed well and all in all it was an easy trip.
The kayak is still on the roof, waiting to see where I decide to slip it into the water.

My friend Debra, the Mayor of Gulf Shores, greeted me with a grilled shrimp salad and breakfast food when we arrived on Monday.

Yesterday was a great day of golf and late lunch with Deb, then a nice long walk with Teddy in the afternoon. I went to the fire pit gathering for a while in the afternoon.

Big storms were predicted overnight but seem to have missed the mark a bit. The rain is just beginning this morning. I'm going to straighten my kitchen cabinets and get ready for a grocery shopping excursion. It will be a good day for chores and maybe a show.

My hot water heater is not working. After checking everything I found a wasps nest deep in the intake tube. I cleaned it out as best I could but it still isn't sparking so tomorrow morning have a repair man coming out.

Last winter in St. Louis was like living in a deep freezer and I shoveled more snow and ice than I had in years. That's when I decided to head south this year. The weather in St. Louis this year is as warm as here! But...I can't sit on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away at home!


1 comment:

  1. Glad you're having a great time. Nothing like being around water, and don't worry. The weather will change in the north.

    ReplyDelete