Saturday, February 11, 2012

T WANTS TO KNOW...WINDS IN WEST OR SOUTH MOST EVIL




My friend Teresa wants to know how the winds here in the Gulf compare to the winds experienced across New Mexico and Kansas last year. The answer to that is I wouldn't even leave the campground with Saffire and the car behind today, it would be insane to think of driving her in this.

We are just back in from the beach. Strangely we were the only ones there, our own private beach. Walking with my back to the wind was just fine, beautiful bright blue sky and the water deep shades of green. The pelicans were like kites in the sky, barely making headway against the wind.

In the other direction, I think my sunglasses were sandblasted and forever pitted by the blowing sands!

2 comments:

  1. Yikes, it sounds worse than I imagined. I've had interesting windy nights in the Aliner before and they are not fun. Sunny, windy, but still it IS the beach, still I hope the wind calms down soon for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. *I* think if the wind is blowing 50 mph, it's no worse or better in one place than in another except maybe for the fear of trees being knocked down and you're camped under one. It's a scary thing to listen to in the middle of the night.

    ReplyDelete