Sunday, May 23, 2010

Home Again, Sunday, May 23








I am home after almost 2400 miles....Saffire is emptied save for the gear under the bed...the first load of wash is in....and I'm already dreaming about where we might go next!

There are lots of pictures of me in this final post because I have Luanne's pictures to post. It looks like I had a really good time!

In thinking back over the trip, it strikes me that Saffire is an enabler. She enables me to see people and places with a kaleidoscopic view, to be a participant in life, experiencing the first view of the snow capped mountain; the flash of the rainbow trout as it strikes a lure; the sparkling silver and deep turquoise of the Indian jewelry; the swirling dust of the poverty of the Pueblo Indians; the majesty of the bear and his dominance of the natural world; the amazing sound of friends laughing and sharing; the power of nature in the towering rock formations and thundering waterfalls; the fun of finding shapes in the billowing clouds; the satisfaction of a tired body after an active day.

I realize how very fortunate I am to be able to travel and share these experiences with family and friends.

I hope you've enjoyed taking this trip with us. We'll likely be back for a summer outing to one of Missouri's beautiful streams for kayaking and a campfire. Then in the fall to Big South Fork with the whole WAC group. Stay tuned for more adventures!

2 comments:

  1. You could be a professional writer-very descriptive. Jack and I miss you guys. We're discovering things every day. I call home and it's sweltering. I'll take the cool of the mountains any day.

    I was going to to go Pagosa Springs, today, but I decided I want a down day to read, etc., and I need to go shopping--still haven't been. My waterloo is that I found an excellent restaurant, but I need to get back to the lean cuisines.

    Pats to Teddy. Keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

    ReplyDelete