Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday Morning

Well it's another beautiful morning in Taos. It started off with a bang as I checked my email and found a message from the bank telling me a new "payee" had been set up on a credit card at the bank. After a 35 minute hold I'm told the bank did an update and the computer automatically sent this cryptic message to anyone with online banking. Aggravating but better than someone fooling with my account, which is what I was afraid of.

We are all going to Coyote Creek later today, taking a picnic and all the fishing gear. It is supposed to be great trout water...we'll see...and it is in a beautiful setting eleven miles outside of Angel Fire, the ski community north of Taos.

Yesterday Luanne and I went out to one of the streams that run alongside the highway and fished a while. It was a beautiful little spot but no luck with fish, didn't even see one. The waters are really running after that huge storm the other night. The fresh snow that was dumped on the mountain tops is melting with the intense sunlight and running off into the rivers. The little stream we were on wasn't as clear as it should have been, the dirt brought with the runoff was muddying it a bit......that's my excuse for not getting a fish and I'm sticking to it!!!

We're going back to the fly shop for some flies this morning and hoping for a great day. Check back this evening!

2 comments:

  1. Crazy. Now I can comment. Strange that I couldn't leave a comment under your last post. Beautiful pictures of Garden of the Gods. I about died about the T-Shirt. I'd love to get a t-shirt with the same on it.

    Have a great time, today.

    ReplyDelete