Friday, May 7, 2010

Picnic in Santa Fe













After a VERY windy night, the morning dawned beautifully sunny and just a bit breezy. We were all a bit slower getting around, but started the day with the mile loop walk. We decided to find a park where we could hike, have a picnic and let the dogs off leash. After googling we came up with what looked like a good place.

As usual, Deb was the last one ready...yes you were! And if you look at the pictures you'll quickly see why. She was standing at the picnic table shaving her legs, something about having trouble seeing in the shower I think was the reason. And yes, to be fair, Nancy played Tom Sawyer and had Luanne out vacuuming a sleeping bag or some such chore and wasn't really ready to go yet either.

We headed out to what sounded like a perfect place which turned out to be just OK. Getting to the park was an adventure as TomTom took us through an industrial park and past a quarry, and we had to drive through the river to get there! The dogs ran at the park, then we found another park where we had a picnic and took a walk. Teddy is here on the floor at my feet completely worn out. I'm about to head off with some geocaching locations with Luanne and maybe Deb for a while before we fix dinner.

I really like Santa Fe the city, but the surrounding countryside is not my favorite, I think I'm more of a green girl. The cactus and desert flowers are pretty amazing, but give me my midwest wildflowers any time!!




1 comment:

  1. We drove to the same park and we didn't have to ford a river. GAWD. (Jack)

    ReplyDelete