Thursday, May 20, 2010

LAST DAY OF PLAY, GARDEN OF THE GODS, CO














Today is our last "real" day of vacation and we are making the most of it. We leave for home tomorrow morning, planning to drive to Salina, Ks; then on to Columbia, MO; then Luanne will head north and I'll have a short drive east to be home Sunday.

We woke to clouds and the promise of a beautiful day. It may be 70 degrees and a soft breeze is blowing. I really like what I've seen of Colorado Springs. We went to a dog park this morning to let Teddy and Tucker run. It was a beautiful park with trails and a flowing mountain stream. I think it took Luanne to another dimension.

She has her mountain bike racked on top of the car. As we came out of the park she drove through craters, honest to God holes that reached to China, and claims she never saw them. The groaning and snapping of steel and the thunk of the bike on the top of the car told us she'd done some damage. Her rack snapped, so down came the bike onto the top of the car and she'll have to get a new rack when she gets home.

Saffire has been carrying my bike in a rack that will also hold hers, so she won't have to put it into the A to travel, which makes things much easier. Luanne is off right now mountain biking at Garden of the Gods. We got some final pictures of her in case she the God's decide to keep her!!

We went from there to the Garden and spent the morning walking in the spectacular rock formations. We saw rock climbers who are out of their minds scaling perpendicular faces. We ran into a bunch of German students here for a ten day tour. I spoke to them for a bit and they loved Teddy. They took a bunch of pictures of him before we went on, it was great fun for me.

We passed the yarn shop where I bought the hanks of yarn yesterday and Luanne says she will wear whatever it is the loom produces, and my challenge is to have a scarf ready for her before the fall trip. So if you are coming to Big South Fork look for a beautiful blue color around her neck, but don't look too closely!!

The pictures today are of the climbers; the "Kissing Camels"; the "Buffalo"; the "Dogs", well OK, it really is Tucker and Teddy and a few miscellaneous pix too.

This will probably be the last post before getting home Sunday. Hopefully there is nothing
but easy travel between now and then. I'll give you a final update from St. Louis!





2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Love the ones of Tucker and Teddy together. The ride over here to Chama was SPECTACULAR! Glad you're safe. Let me know if you her from Deb before I do. Love to Luanne.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the pics you took at Garden of the Gods! When we were in Colorado 2 years ago, I took my friend who lives in Ft. Collins. She's lived there most of her life and had never been. Kind of like me who's never been to Cape Canaveral. Your blog and Jacks's makes me want to take a long trip somewhere. Someday..... Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete