Thursday, March 10, 2011

Let's Rock and Roll!

Saffire is packed and ready to rumble down the road on her new tires and Teddy and I are ready for the beach!

We went into Kirkwood today to put air in her tires and top off her tank. I was only down a quarter of a tank, but thought I'd get "cheap" (it certainly is all relative) Missouri gas.

As I pulled down the street I glanced at the odometer, it read almost 18,000 miles. That means we have traveled together over 12,000 miles in two camping seasons. And it also struck me that each of those miles was an adventure.

Unlike a car which is used for mundane daily use, Saffire's every mile was filled with either great anticipation of a new adventure or musings and replaying of our latest doings as we made our way back home.

2011 begins with a trip to Hunting Island, SC and we'll end the fall season somewhere in the West with other escapades in between. Follow along with us as we add miles and memories!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice description of what Saffire means to you. Wish you a million more miles of the same.

    ReplyDelete