Sunday, March 27, 2011

LAST BEACH DAY

Although rain was forecast, we woke to another spectacular day at the beach! It is in the low 70’s and absolutely perfect. We took a long, slow walk shelling as we went. I found another sand dollar and a few other interesting things, Luanne found more sharks teeth. She is the absolute champion spotter here at Hunting Island.


Yesterday found us back on the golf course where Luanne was the victor!!! I came in last but played better than I did on Wednesday.


We are all reorganizing and getting ready for travel tomorrow. Diane is planning on leaving early morning for a long, one day, 600+ mile drive back to Virginia. Luanne and I are heading for Asheville. We’re going to stop and see Cheryle and Jenni and my old friend Dave Hough.


I’ve had reports from home of sleet, snow and predictions for five to six more inches to follow at home. Looks like we will be driving in rain the whole way back, with freezing expected overnight in Lexington. YUCK!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Crap, I just wrote a long-winded comment and got kicked off your blog. (cussing under my breath) Just know that I'm glad you had a good time, and that spring is right around the corner in St. Louis. Oh, and I'm glad Diane is okay. I wrote about Montana--nothing I can't tell you another time. Go to Polebridge.

    ReplyDelete