Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fear and Trepidation

Fear and trepidation, that’s what’s in my gut when I think about a heap of steel just outside of Beaufort, SC. It is an ancient draw bridge, it’s mouth a narrow maw sucking vehicles into a space barely wide enough for two cars to pass. And it feeds on shattered mirrors from unsuspecting motorists.


It was ravenous two summers ago. I fed it along with two other vehicles in the campground.


I’m hoping when I roll onto it Sunday that it is already sated from the Friday and Saturday beach traffic.


1 comment:

  1. Do what I did. Floor it, close your eyes, and get over in a hurry.:-)

    There are bridges that cross the Columbia River from Oregon to Washington that make the one in Beaufort look wide! ;-)

    All kidding aside. Good luck crossing-just think of the beach that waits on the other side. You'll be fine.

    Keep us updated on the blog.

    ReplyDelete