Thursday, September 17, 2009

Thursday morning






It’s another beautiful morning here at Montauk, sunny and just cool enough for a shirt. Luanne picked up some texts this morning when she went to shower, and got the message Janice is not coming because her dog is sick, it’s too bad and I know she’s really disappointed. She was especially looking forward to the kayaking which looks awesome here.


I have learned some new things about Luanne on this trip. She has NO sense of direction!!! When we went to Baptist Camp, she would have been lost in the woods and never seen again if she had followed her nose....does that mean her nose is crooked??? She was most amazed when we arrived back at Montauk, sure that I had missed a turn and was going to have us lost. Ha!


THEN, off she walks to the bathroom last night before dinner. It was almost dark when she left, I’ll give her that. I tossed a salad, got things ready, waited for her, the salads were wilting and she finally walks in the door. I said, “did you get lost?” and she said YES. She went left rather than right from the bathroom and was walking in loops, not having a clue where our campers were! She was really glad to see me!!


We fished all afternoon yesterday, and each got one fish. There was only one man near us catching fish, everybody else was saying what a slow day it was, that’s our excuse anyway. There is a tournament here Saturday so the campground is already filling up. We’re talking about going kayaking Saturday and getting out of the park while all the fishing is going on.


You should see Tucker catching frisbees. He must have been inspired by Luanne catching fish! He is really doing well, and is fun to watch. Luanne says this is a first, and Teddy just stands and watches him. He is more interested in visiting with fisherman walking down the road than in running to catch a frisbee, he is certainly my dog!


Going to try to load a few pictures, Baptist Camp fishing and Tucker catching his frisbee



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful pictures, Princess! As far as your first comments about the weather--I'm glad you wore shirts, too. That made me laugh out loud. (so silly) Seriously, it looks glorious there! Picture perfect. I've been looking on the web and in my books, too, so I can picture you.

    I'm getting mixed up. I swear I read something about Lady T and a toy and now I can't find it. Did she get a kayak? I need to go back and find out. I'm lost.

    Wilson, I sympathize, but I don't think anyone has a worse sense of direction than me. Turn me around three times and I'm lost so I can relate. Stick with me and you'd never find your campsite, again. Pantless and I got lost coming back from trash cans one night and a nice lady led us back to our site. Darn, I knew I should have sent my mosquito hat...people find you that way and will direct you from a distance. When I used to work for Norel, I used to get lost "inside" the building. My co-workers gave me this sign:

    I'm lost!
    I've gone to look for myself,
    If I should return
    Before I get back,
    Ask me to wait here.
    ...Patsy Moore 1995

    Why aren't you participating in the tournament?

    As far as Tucker and the frisbee, when Rich used to throw long high balls to Jack, he'd catch them every time. Lizzie could stand a foot from us and we'd throw an underhanded little toss and it would hit her in the nose. They're all different.

    I'm convinced that "some" dogs take on the personality of their owners--I just don't know how to explain Jack, though

    Take lots more pics and post them. Have a great time around the fire, tonight! I'm going to poke around the site. My computer is on its last legs--going to look for another one tonight.

    ReplyDelete