Monday, June 16, 2014

DURANGO TO SILVERTON NARROW GAUGE RAILWAY

The first picture is of Chimney Rock which is on the Navajo Reservation.  We passed it as we came across Wolf Creek Pass on the way to Durango.  I was especially interested because I enjoy the Tony Hillerman mysteries featuring Jim Chee and Joe Leaphorn who investigate cases on the Reservation.  I was glad to have seen it!

Then today's pictures are from our trip on the RR.  Diane, Jeanne, Christine, Susie and I took the train up the mountain.  It was spectacular!!  Something I've always wanted to do and I'm so glad I did!

While we were gone Luanne went mountain biking and fished a bit and BJ got her car serviced and now she's off having a massage.  Jeanne and Susie are going to head to town to do a little hiking boot shopping.  

The Animas River is flowing so fast that we can't fish in town like we thought so we're going to have to head to the fly shop later to find out where we should go. 
















2 comments:

  1. Great pictures--especially the one with the train on the curve! Glad you're all having such a great time. Have you been watching the gliders take off? Looks like you're having beautiful weather. Hope Wilson caught a big one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No gliders, strip doesn't look like it's been used in a while. And Wilson caught a little one but it was enough!

    ReplyDelete