Thursday, September 1, 2011

THE VICTORY TOUR...Thursday, Arco, Idaho





When I woke this morning the air felt pretty chilly, and a quick check of my thermometer told me it was 29 degrees! Great sleeping and then 70's and 80's during the day, really perfect for our travels. There is little or no humidity so the cold doesn't seem so penetrating.

Today is Luanne's 60th birthday! We had lunch in Sun Valley to celebrate.

Tonight in Arco, Idaho to see Craters of the Moon National Monument. Volcanoes have been active in this part of Idaho for over 10,000 years and have turned this into the strangest landscape I have ever seen. We're going out tomorrow for a better look and some hiking.

This is a funny little town, barely a bump in the road. The major thing of interest seems to be a large hill which dominates the town which has been memorialized for years with graduating class dates. The earlies I could find was '29!

No comments:

Post a Comment