Monday, September 5, 2011

THE VICTORY TOUR....Monday, Jackson Hole






This morning found us at the smoky Gros Ventre Lake just outside the Park boundaries. It was a beautiful drive, but the fire which has been burning steadily for a week was coming closer and made everything very smoky and hazy. I’ve posted a picture which looks more like The Great Smoky Mountains than The Great Teton Park!


This afternoon we ventured into Jackson Hole and sidled to the bar and mounted a saddle for a couple of drinks. Yes, you read that right, the bar stools are real leather saddles. Diane and Luanne were walking bowlegged when we came out!


A little shopping, a little laughing, a little eating and now we are happily at home. It looks like it might rain and we are hoping so as it will clear out some of the smoke before our final hike tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. There's not much that could put a smile on my face, today, but you guys did. The three of you look so happy. I think the mountains opposite the Tetons are Gros Venture, aren't they or is my memory in its usual form. You had me remembering waking to 20 degrees when everyone was crying about heat back east.

    So glad you got to do this. I sure miss the west, but I don't think I could make it off my block at this point.

    Keep the stories coming. Just love it that Wilson is making friends with all the moose! You guys have had some good luck with animal sightings. To see a bear eating a moose was a bonus! Probably wouldn't see that on a trip to Alaska.

    Keep on having fun. Tip a beer to me and know that I really wish I could have met you out there somewhere. Love to all the pups.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't believe they wouldn't let Jack in that park!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Correction: Tip a beer FOR me. I have pictures of Rich standing right where you're standing. And, I was bow-legged when I got off the saddle, too!

    ReplyDelete