Sunday, September 4, 2011

THE VICTORY TOUR...Sunday, Taggart Lake Hike






A spectacular day in the Tetons! I am too tired to write tonight because Diane and I followed Luanne! You would think by now we would know better!!!


OK, I guess I can’t really blame her, we made another group decision. We started out the morning headed for the amazing Jenny Lake and surrounding mountains. First we noticed the mountains were not as clear and crisp as yesterday. There is a big fire raging in the area, not causing us any problems but obscuring our views a bit.

Then when we got to the Jenny Lake boat area we couldn’t find a parking place, shades of Logan Pass at Glacier. As a second choice we headed to Taggart Lake which turned out to be an amazing hike.


It was a four mile hike, much of it going uphill following a beautiful mountain stream. We arrived at Taggart Lake and it was crystal clear with the mountains reflected in the water! Lunch and a long hike back home, so now I am tired and can say no more!!


ps...The ranger confirmed that it was the grizzly bear eating the buffalo that we saw. Luanne didn’t believe me so I had to go to the Ranger for confirmation!

No comments:

Post a Comment