Tuesday, August 31, 2010



SUNDAY

We met Luanne and Tucker at 8:30 at a rest stop about four hours south of Trout Lake. It was great to be with them and on the road again. We arrived at Trout Lake early afternoon, and I am sitting at our campsite, about 8:30 in the evening, watching a sky that looks like a velvety peach as the sunsets.


The drive up was very easy today. Our trip to New Mexico in the spring was one of constantly fighting winds, so much so that they closed highways. This week has been a relaxing pleasure, and I never drove more than five hours a day which is nice too. When we started out this morning we continued with our German theme. I turned the radio on and the first station I found had oompah music! That was all that you could find on the radio in the early days when we traveled through Germany, today the radio there is filled with American music.


We have a beautiful double site overlooking Trout Lake. A path takes us down to the lake and we’ll be able to launch our kayaks right from our site. After we got set up we took a walk and met some of Luanne’s friends who camp here regularly. When we returned the camp host was here to sign us in, and he told me I was the first person from Missouri he’d ever signed into the campground. His wife came later and said I was the second and they’ve been doing this a lot of years. I kind of liked being the first!


Teddy had a great time running with Tucker. I left him in Saffire when we first got here while I got things set up and he was hanging out the front window he was so anxious to get out and play. He and Tucker ran and ran and played in the water and ran some more until Teddy was completely “Tuckered”. Nancy always says Teddy is a little dog gone wrong, and boy is he. Lap dog, hah! He is pig pen, rolling in the dirt, no, more like wallowing in the dirt.


I brought the inflatable kayak and Luanne has her collapsible kayak, so after dinner we decided to get them ready for tomorrow. The inflatable had a leak on the bottom which we patched and i’m hoping it holds. It will be fun to have a double kayak out on the water. But I really would like to find a solution to toting a kayak on the back of Saffire, a kayak that isn’t a short tub.


After a couple of beers, another walk and a beautiful sunset Luanne and Tucker are already lights out in the Aliner. I’m going to head inside and read for a while. This is a beautiful place, it’s going to be a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment