Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Monday, Trout Lake


MONDAY

We have a sunny, warm morning, the day started for me with a good cup of coffee watching the pines wave in the wind with the lake in the background. After getting around we went for a nice hike around South Trout Lake. Teddy and Tucker played in the water and I took pictures while Luanne was the tour guide.


There were lots of birch trees which had fallen and had mushrooms sprouting all over them. I wish I knew what was edible, because we could have had a real feast this evening.


Teddy was having a great time running with Tucker. He ventured into the water chest deep while Tucker swam. They were racing around like fools when Teddy found himself

hurtling down a really steep, twenty foot drop to the lake. He put the skids on as best he could, got himself stopped, and struggled back to the path. What happened to my lap dog??? He limped away from this escapade and one would have thought he was down for the day. Oh no, this evening he came close to jumping off the end of the dock with Tucker! I don’t know what he would do if he found himself in water over his head!!


The patch on kayak held and we launched it onto a rough lake this afternoon with both seats. The winds were up, whitecaps out, but we decided to give it a go. What a comedy act! It was hysterical trying to get settled in and finding a place for two sets of long legs and paddles that at first just didn’t seem able to work together. We laughed so hard it’s a wonder we didn’t fall out of the boat.


Once we got in sync we pretty much flew around, it really rides and tracks very well for what it is. Better than the pink tub! We went way around the lake to a beautiful cove where we got out and had a bit of a lake bath, hair rinsed and cooled off. It was really wonderful being out, and so much fun. We floated with a loon, a family of Merganser’s born here this spring, sea gulls and I thought we went over a rock, but Luanne says it was a big Musky!


The washer game came out this afternoon, I won the first, Luanne the second. We’re getting in practice for the fall WAC outing where there will be a big tournament.


I’ve found the kayak I think I want, a Dagger Axis 10.5 foot, it is good looking, very functional and I think I can haul it on the back of Saffire. Now I just have to find one somewhere in stock. Before the end of September!


It’s amazing how quickly the day went by. It is now 8:30 pm and very, very dark. Teddy is absolutely passed out on the couch beside me, Luanne and Tucker already lights out in the Aliner.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun to me. Go Teddy !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pix are beautiful. So glad the two of you (well four) are having such a great time. The lake looks incredible. Glad you're not fighting WIND. Hugs to Wilson, Tucker, and the little dog gone wrong!

    ReplyDelete