Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The Pod Arrives






When I left Skidaway Saturday morning for Florida, Nancy, Luanne, Jeannie and Janis were set up and ready to party.  When I returned Sunday evening we had been joined by Therese, Pantless Patricia,  Joolee,  Diane, Dixie, Gail, Paul and Gail.  Hope I haven't forgotten anyone.  We had a dinner thrown together by Pantless and Dixie and everyone began catching up with old friends and meeting the new members.  A great campfire (started with my old candles and dryer lint rolled up in my Mom's favorite waxed paper) made it wonderful start to a long week of fun and games. 

We have been doing LOTS of walking through the trails here at Skidaway.  Don't remember if I mentioned the geocache earlier, but there was a 7 step hunt to get to the cache which Luanne and I did on bikes, probably the roughest, rootiest riding I've ever done but great fun.  I'm taking a travel bug we found home to go out and hide with Philip.

We were sitting in the screen room when Nancy's phone rang.  She has special ringtones for everyone and this one was a very realistic loon.  As this is huge birding country, you can imagine our laughter when we saw a man walking down the road come to a dead stop and search everywhere for a loon which didn't belong in Southern Georgia!!!!!

We've been into Savannah a couple of times.  One day to roam around and another to have dinner at Paula Dean's.  I think Savannah comes in a distant second to Charleston, but we had fun roaming around.  We were quite amused when we saw the plumbing truck (see pix).  It is one of those signs that ends up in an internet post!

There was a wonderful candy store there, with praline pecans as a specialty.  They are wonderful, and any family reading this, I'm bringing some for Easter brunch!

Twelve of us went to Lady and Sons, Paula Dean's restaurant in Savannah.  It was a Tuesday and the crowds packing in were incredible.  She really owes her fortune to the Food Channel, they've made Miss Paula!!  We all agreed that we wouldn't go back again, while the food was pretty good, you were treated like you were in a line at Disneyworld and you had a schedule to complete your meal.  They wanted you in and out in an hour so they could bring the next herd in.  Dinner and one drink was $40.  We did have a good time in Savannah again, and I stopped at the gift shop and got the autographed cookbook my sister Bridget requested.  The least I could do since she is having Easter brunch.  

We have had a lot of rain today, and more coming.  There have been enough breaks we could get out for walks and we are enjoying a little down time.  We seem to go go go when we are together.

The washer tournaments have resumed, Jeannie (our resident clinical social worker) skunked Luanne out of five points up front and took the first match.  Joolee is a neophyte, but you'll see from her picture is soon to be the washer queen!

Teddy has a cough that my dog friends think should be looked at, so he and I are heading to a vet in just a bit.  I'm sure they will give him something and it will be taken care of.  It hasn't slowed him down one whit in playing in the water with all the bigger dogs.  Nancy says he is a lapdog gone bad!!!

Will try to post again in next couple of days.  Sorry I have been so long.  Enjoy the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment