Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Catching up



We've been having way too much fun, and since I have to leave the site for wifi, I'm really behind.  It's raining today and Teddy has a cough I have to take him to the vet later, so I thought I'd come up and visit a few minutes.

First story today is about Saffire.  When I was in AL with Mary Lloyd in our 6.5 inch downpour Saffire had a leak over the door.  It really poured in for a while and I knew I was going to have to take her in for a checkup when I got home.  Rain was predicted for Skidaway so Luanne asked if I cared if she climbed on top for a look, thinking maybe there was a rivet needed caulking or something simple.

Well, simple it was!  In her previous 6,000 miles I think Saffire was a party bus.  None of the cooking things appear to have been used and she is wired for sound and obviously fancy electronics had been pulled out of her from all the stray wires in the electronics cabinet.  
What Luanne saw when she got on top was a hole which had been drilled in the top, a cable must have been run through it and they had caulked around the cable.  When they pulled all the equipment they pulled the cable and left the gaping hole which the water poured through.

Luanne put steel wool in the hole and caulked it with a good silicone which has solved my problems.  Good thing too because we have had some heavy downpours this week and surely would have had some damage if the water were still streaming in.  Thanks Luanne!

No comments:

Post a Comment