Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SNOW IN THE MOUNTAINS






Saturday dawned with winds and clouds again, along with chilly temps.  I’ve texted my nephew and niece who were coming up to tent camp and who are expecting a baby in the fall discouraging them from coming up.  I’m going to meet them for dinner before I head back home.  

We can see the peaks of the Rockies and they got a good fresh dusting of snow overnight and this morning.  We could see a real difference in them today.

We went moose hunting this morning, driving up into the mountain, then giving up and heading to lunch in town at the Moose Cafe.  After we got back to camp we decided to walk up one of the four wheel roads that had been closed to traffic.  It was a pretty steep climb but when we neared the top Luanne, who was of course in the lead having jogged up the hill :-(  spotted a bull moose!  By the time she grabbed Carly and signaled to us slow folk it had moved along and we never got to see it.  She was really excited, said it was huge and black and moving slowly along through the trees.


It is blowing so hard this afternoon I literally couldn’t pull the camper door shut!  The only good part of this is it is so beautiful everywhere you look.  So, I decided a good afternoon to clean the dust and dirt out of here.  We are going to have a barbecue tonight, I think!  We have steaks for dinner tonight and Luanne swears she’s going to start a fire.  I did the brats in a skillet on the stove last night, it was just too bad to be out cooking.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment